About Desert NephrologyDesert Nephrology Medical Group was founded in 1991
by Doctors David M. Alderman and Bryan L. Stone. This premier medical group has offices in Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Bermuda Dunes, Banning and Yucca Valley. Our Physicians are on staff and have medical privledges at numerous area hospitals and are responsible for overseeing patients at several dialysis centers in the Coachella Valley.
Our Physiciansare on staff and have medical privledges at numerous area hospitals and are responsible for overseeing patients at several dialysis centers in the Coachella Valley.
What is a Nephrologist?
Dr. David M. Alderman
Dr. David M. Alderman is a Board-Certified Internist and Nephrologist. His list of past and present academic appointments include: 1982 Bachelor of Arts: Biological Sciences, University of California, Santa Barbara; 1987 Masters of Arts: Biology Cal State University Dominquez Hills, Carson, CA and 1991 Doctor of Medicine, University of Texas, Medical Branch, Galveston, TX.
In 1991 Dr. Alderman co-founded the premier Nephrology Group in Palm Springs, which to date, has 4 other surrounding locations.
Bryan L. Stone, MD
He trained in Nephrology at Harbor-UCLA where he was trained by Dr. Joel Kopple, past president of the National Kidney Foundation. He has extensive experience in hypertension, kidney disease, kidney transplant, and nutrition.
Currently, he is director of three dialysis facilities centered in Bermuda Dunes, Cathedral City, and Banning. Prior, he ran facilities in Palm Springs and Hi Desert.
He has been declared "TOP DOCTOR" in both Inland Empire and Palm Springs Area on a number of occasions.
Local Accomplishments in the past:
- Head of Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee at Desert Regional Medical Center
- Member of Quality Council at Eisenhower Hospital
- Chief of Medicine at Desert Regional Medical Center
- Governing Board of Lifestream, the blood bank of San Bernardino
- Governing Board of Desert Regional Medical Center
- Transfusion Committee at Desert Regional Medical Center
- Member, Credentialing Committee at Desert Regional Medical Center
- Member, Medicare Bundling Committee at Eisenhower Hospital